Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Down On The Farm

As soon as I learned I would be teaching Kindergarten this year I knew I wanted my classroom theme to be "On the Farm." While teaching second grade I never really had a theme...I guess you could say it was just busy and bright. So I am super excited about creating my Farm Classroom!

Over the summer I have been doing a lot of looking and collecting of farm-themed supplies. I can't get into my classroom until next week, so I thought I would just show you some of the things I have gotten so far.


I stepped into Hobby Lobby (my GREATEST weakness) last week and discovered a ton of cute farm-themed decorations ON SALE! I couldn't resist this Welcome Sign!



Another Hobby Lobby grab. It's a little bucket. There was also a sheep that I will most likely be purchasing in the near future. :)



Some of the bulletin board sets I purchased from Carson Dellosa. 



I love Cut-Out Buddies! I use them for all sorts of things around the classroom like labels, station cards, etc. 



Adorable borders! The farm animals are also from Carson Dellosa and the grass border is from Lakeshore.


Some of the other ideas I'm hoping to incorporate into the farm-theme is:

  • Farmer of the Week 
    • A weekly showcase of an individual student from the class. 
  • Farmhands
    • The name I want to use for my friends that have a "daily duty" for the class such as collecting papers, organizing, etc.
  • Fun on the Farm
    • Bulletin board I want to have outside the class in the hall where I will frequently change out student work. 
  • Our Barnyard Best!
    • Behavior management pocket chart. 
I have a ton of other ideas brewing in my mind. Please feel free to share if you have any farm-themed ideas for the classroom! 

~Lindsay








4 comments:

  1. I will definitely follow your blog~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas!! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete